Sunday, March 4, 2012

NYFW: LaQuan Smith F/W 12 Presentation

Concluding my NYFW events was the LaQuan Smith Fall Presentation held at the Cellar Bar at the Bryant Park Hotel. Now, I am very familiar with LaQuan's work, and thought he was amazing from my first time hearing about him and seeing his work, not to mention he is a young African American designer making a name for himself (Inspiring).

LaQuan's F/W 12 Collection was cleverly titled "Robotic Dream" LaQuan defined this collection as his take on how he sees the New York Woman. Looks like strong, sexy, edgy, and fearless to me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Interesting silhouettes, great hair and edgy makeup to say the least. The fabric and materials used to create this collection were amazing, A Robotic Dream indeed. I literaly said "I die" the whole night while viewing every piece lol I was going off in my head, having mean eyegasms haha


You all must watch this amazing video
Photobucket
LaQuan and June Ambrose
Photobucket
LaQuan and myself
Photobucket
Jewelry Designer Jerome Lammar

Photobucket

The piece he was wearing I wanted for myself. Just look at it

Photobucket

Had to snap her photo, she just looked cool lol

4 comments:

Elle @ (Eat.Style.Play) said...

So random that I was just on his site looking at this skirt this morning. I love some of those dresses and the fact that he able to design with some of the plastic shows real talent!

Tamika said...

Right, he is so amazing

Unknown said...

This collection was amazing! I would have loved to see this is person.

Tamika said...

Yes Dana, you would have LOVED it. It was so funky