Monday, March 17, 2014

Exploring Coterie: TMRW

Living in NY has afforded me the opportunity to visit places I could only hope to visit while living in DC.  Luckily, I'm here now, and when I'm not working I get to go to cool fashiony artsy things. Last month was women's market week; a number of trade shows commence in the city where brands both notable and emerging share an enormous space to meet with potential buyers, and press.

It was the last day of the Coterie trade show, so I only had a few short hours (a few being 2 and a half) to explore. Prior to attending, I did a little research and knew that I specifically wanted to visit some of the brands at TMRW: "A showcase of  tomorrows premier brands, highlighting fresh talent and exceptional quality." My favorites were Singapore based designer brand Styl . myl.  China based Feorran, and Faro Islands Gudrun & Gudrun.




Chic rain coats by Terra New York










Had a brief chat with designer of Style . myl . Kolin Chong during my visit. For is A//W collection, He says he focused on cut and construction, using muted colors to accentuate the design.


The cut and construction of these garments are impeccable. Very clean and chic. 





Hand made pieces created by artisans in Jordan and Peru. Inspired by Nordic mythology.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such lovely pieces! I can't wait to start attending trade shows as Z and I prep to open our shop!!

XO Sahra
Que Sera Sahra
PS Be sure to enter my giveaway to win a tee or tank from By Luciana!