Wednesday, March 5, 2014

An Extension of Self: The Accessories

Just like the clothing we wear on our backs, the accessories we pair with them too define our personal style. Over the course of a few years, and some more recently, I've grown quite fond of a few choice accessories. I call this 'An Extension of Self ' because these pieces; in their own special way, give you a glimpse of who I am. A bit artsy, a lover of clean lines and minimalism, complex and simple at the same time." Style is saying who you are without having to speak a word", they say.




Featured are my everyday pieces: (from left to right) 

Pendant necklace from my friends Stephanie and Vanessa of Bisoux Jewelry. The pendant was from a more intricate tribal piece, but sadly it broke and like the lady MacGivor I am, I improvised.
Natural Quartz two finger ring sent all the way from Texas, created by phenomenal jewelry designer Toni Johnson of ReworkCreative
Brass earrings purchased at a small mall kiosk
Bangles from Current boutique in DC and Buffalo Exchange in NY
Brass cuff another mall kiosk purchase
Iconemesis iphone case c/o the company. The abstract leopard print by artist Sacha Kreeger won me over
Natural rainbow quartz necklace another handmade beauty from Toni of ReworkCreative 
Rumba Time Orchard Gem watch from my good friend Katherine. Just a little something she picked up at her time working for the company.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl...ur cousin loves u.!!

Elle @ (Eat.Style.Play) said...

That Quartz necklace is gorgeous!