Friday, May 31, 2013

3 Note Worthy Fashion and Art Exhibitions in NY to Visit This Summer

With Fashion and Art going hand in hand, I thought it'd be appropriate to share these upcoming exhibitions with you all that I plan on visiting this Summer, and you should to!


1. PUNK: Chaos to Couture @ The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute

 I know pretty much everyone has heard of this exhibition taking place due to the Annual Gala that commenced two weeks ago, but if you didn't know, now you do. I'm interested to see how this exhibition unfolds and to possibly gain some much needed inspiration.
 
2. James Turrell @ the Guggenheim
 
 
Now it's a shame that I am just reading up on James Turrell and his works; but as the old saying goes, "better late than never." I first read about Turrell and his upcoming exhibition in the May issue of Harper's Bazaar, becoming instantly intrigued. "Turrell first captured the art world's attention in the late 1960s as a leader of the West Coast's avant-garde Light and Space movement." I love how he is able to create interesting shapes using light and space.
 
3. Fashion Jewelry: The Collection of Barbara Berger @ the Museum of Arts and Design
 
A massive collection of costume jewelry featuring pieces from such notable designers as Balenciaga, Chanel, Elsa Schiaparelli, Yves St. Laurent and more?! I'm here for it.  Barbara Berger's collection highlights over 200 beautiful examples from her more than 4,000 piece collection. Another great source of inspiration.



No comments: